My son departs again soon, for yet another trip to Seattle. I’m trying to pack in as much quality time as possible before then. Last weekend we attended an outdoor birthday party and walked around the Powderhorn Art Fair with old friends. Monday night we just barely made it in time to a screening of Back to the Future. In a park, with FIVE Deloreans parked nearby. And the owners did neat things like flashing their headlights at appropriate moments, or honking when the Delorean in the movie did. Last night we attended our neighborhood National Night Out Block Party. I made watermelon-feta-mint skewers and a three bean salad. We met a lot of nice folks and drank some home brewed beer, cherry cider and mead. And were ranted at by one crabby elderly lady, oof.
Five random items for this Wednesday:
- This can’t be good. Millions of jellyfish-like creatures wash up on western U.S. beaches
- This artist must have some hardcore OCD in order to complete such a project. Artist stocks entire corner shop with goods hand-made from FELT. I’m overwhelmed just looking at the photos of it!
- Also the work of a very detail-oriented individual, Deaths in the Iliad: A Classics Infographic
- Last Friday I took my son to see Guardians of the Galaxy. SPOILER ALERT: Rob Zombie, Nathan Fillion And More Cameos Revealed. I enjoyed the movie. Particularly the soundtrack.
- Sunday there were news stories everywhere about the demise of Studio Ghibli. I knew that Hayao Miyazaki had retired, which is the ending of an era, but I didn’t think it would mean the demise of the studio as a whole. Turns out it was just a poor Japanese-to-English translation. This gives me hope.
While my son travels my boyfriend and I will be taking a couple of road trips ourselves. Both music related. One closer to home, at the Square Lake Film and Music Fest. And another to Missoula, MT for Total Fest. The schedule has finally been posted and there’s a music sampler up on bandcamp. But I have so much photo editing to finish before I can take off and enjoy myself. I did wrap up the volunteer work I did for the Family Tree Clinic and I’ve been chipping away at wedding work. Inching ever closer.