It’s like Adventure Time’s Ice King has moved to Minnesota. I’m still wearing my SmartWool socks, winter gloves and more when I leave the house. Yet I’ve already been besieged by seasonal allergies. Worst of both worlds. Springtime in the hinterlands has left me unmotivated. I’m falling horribly behind on my To Do list.
However, here are five good things for this windy, cold, wet, gloomy Wednesday:
- Photos of people with tattoos aging well. In your face! To everyone who has asked me “but what about when you get old?”
- Stories like this gives me hope for my son’s future (and the futures of other kids with autism) “Nonprofit has creative way to help adults with autism” Speaking of adults with autism, Temple Grandin is returning to the Twin Cities next month to speak about how people with autism think and feel.
- How a Middle-aged IT Guy From Peoria Tweeted His Way Into a Writing Job on Late Night With Seth Meyers
- Totally random yet mesmerizing Portraits of Baltimore’s Voguers
- A 13-year-old eagle huntress in Mongolia: A photographer who snapped what could be the world’s only girl hunting with a golden eagle says watching her work was an amazing sight. Amazing indeed!
We’re cat-sitting for the friends who watched our cats while we were away on Spring break. After school today we visited with the cats for a while before heading to the Chatterbox Pub for old school Nintendo games with a side on onion rings. That was a nice little pick me up. A better one might be a vacation in Belize at this point.