Seems like on the eve of every trip to Los Angeles, some Hollywood personality shuffles off this mortal coil. One time it was Michael Jackson (and also Farah Fawcett on the same day - my birthday). This time it was Gore Vidal.
Five random items to kick off this vacay:
- Last night I came across the artwork of Zoran Pungerchar and said to myself, “note to self: these ideas for our next tattoo!”
- One of my co-workers lives near our office. The other morning we smelled smoke and then heard sirens. After the fact he wrote an incredibly moving eulogy to his car, Carol.
- Patton Oswalt’s Letters to Both Sides: His keynote address at Montreal’s Just For Laughs 2012
- The Rogue Epicurean: Eating Local – The Blogs
- Buttermilk “plays” with her “friends” - what a hyper little goat.
This morning we two wheeled it over to our neighborhood salon - me on my low rider and the boy on his razor scooter - and got his moptop trimmed up for the trip. And when we got back I made him bathe and change into fresh clothes, to get all of the little leftover prickly hairs off. And then the packing frenzy ensued. And now the countdown has begun. And no, I will not be bringing a laptop along with me this time. Eep!