Thank you July! This past week has definitely been better. Nothing has happened to my car (knock on wood). Physically I’m finally bouncing back from lingering illness. I can deal with this sort of forward momentum. It’s been an odd week, with the holiday falling on a Wednesday, but we had a lovely Fourth of July. The first chunk was spent sitting in the shade at a picnic table on a small family farm. And in the evening we got wet and wild with friends in the city.
Five disparate items of note:
- Well, Andy Griffith passed away at the age of 86. When I was growing up I got my fill watching him on TV but it wasn’t until I was an adult I found out about his first movie, A Voice in the Crowd. See a totally different (and more interesting) side of the man in this Vitajex clip.
- My neighborhood ice cream shop made the cut in this national round up. Go Izzy’s!
- I know I’ve been griping about the heat wave way too much. Here, on twitter, in other online forums and in person. And I’m trying to tone that down. But. Turns out this shit is even worse than previously thought for folks like me, with asthma and generally weak lungs. Grrrreat. I’m hitting my inhalers even harder these days.
- If I had more energy in this heat, I’d set up a Real life Fruit Ninja for my son. Maybe I’ll get motivated this weekend, when it cools down just a tidge.
- Jennifer Jajeh is getting closer to her Kickstarter goal! But it’s stressing her out. Watch this latest video. Then donate. I’m a backer.
So it’s July. Which means that next month is August. And yikes, I need to buy our plane tickets for an out of town family wedding. That’s at the top of the To Do list for this weekend. I met my son’s lovely aunt when she was a surly young teenager (not much older than my son is now). Suddenly she’s in her 30s, has her PhD and is getting married to a really wonderful guy. Life is all ch-ch-changes. And sometimes it moves way too fast.