It’s a random weird Wednesday with all sorts of every day life tasks to tackle. But distractions abound!
- “You are who you pretend to be.” I need to see this movie: Unicorn City: “This low budget, Utah produced fantasy gamer comedy should be a colossal failure but good writing, an able cast, and a Napolean Dynamite spirit make for surprising, if odd, fun.”
- In music news: Jeremy Messersmith and Christian Erickson on modern music fandom. And related to that topic, but in book form, I pre-ordered: Year Zero in which Aliens Go Crazy for Rock ‘n’ Roll
- Also? Somehow I’d never seen the video for The Avalanches song “Since I Left You” - but the boyfriend pointed it out to me and it is just lovely.
- Nasa has the coolest vending machines in the world
- In travel news, some lovely friends just returned from their two week honeymoon to Indonesia. Speaking of travel… 29 life lessons learned in travelling the world for 8 years straight.
- “In Los Angeles promoting the picture’s 40th anniversary, the four stars sat down to discuss this masterpiece, its themes and what went into making such a challenging picture.” - Four Men, Forty Years: Deliverance
- This video is making the rounds but it is freaking hilarious: A Conversation With My 12 Year Old Self: 20th Anniversary Edition
- This weekend is the first ever Twin Cities Veg Fest, being held at Coffman Memorial Union at the U of M.
I did not partake of the donuts (pictured below). Instead I drank some mango smoothie and somehow inhaled a chunk of my granola bar and I’ve been coughing and wheezing ever since. Maybe if I’d just eaten the damned donuts I wouldn’t have this problem. Or perhaps I would have choked to death on the sprinkles. BUT WE WILL NEVER KNOW.