Tuesday night we had the most subdued - and briefest - of my Pizza Farm Adventures. But the boy was with me and it was a school night. And the boyfriend wanted to get to some house shows after (which I lamed out on). Still, a pleasant evening with mild weather and almost no wait for the pizza. Too bad the farm animals were mysteriously absent though. Thankfully we’d seen some animals at another farm the day before.
Five good things for Thursday:
- The Trylon is having a free First Wednesdays film series! So cool. And also a comic book movie series. Maaaan I love that lil micro-cinema. Also coming up at the Trylon, the Pentagram documentary. It looks like it’ll be tough to watch but fascinating. A less harrowing musical documentary will be the one about Japanese musician Keiji Haino. Looking forward to it.
- THE FUTURE IS NOW. “Volvo’s Self-Driving Road Trains Hit The Street” - a bit spooky but cool. Google is also hitting the streets of Nevada with its driverless cars.
- Ween’s unreleased jingle for Pizza Hut- WUT?
- This: “Public Figure - I am BUB. I am a real animal. More specifically, a very special, one of a kind cat. The #1 living creature on our planet, and the world’s only REAL rock’n'roll kitty.” YES. I love Lil Bub!
- Art is happening everywhere. The Walker’s Open Field kicks off this weekend (through September 1st). And the following weekend is the Northern Spark
24 HourDusk til Dawn Art Festival! This time around I’d like to make it to the top of the Foshay Tower, despite the long lines, because my friend Caly will be up there with her “Observation Tape Deck“
Ahh, it’s the last day of May. I’ve posted a round-up of my Heliotrope photos, favorites from each of the three days, over at the photography blog here. June is bringing with it some weddings and a wedding anniversary photo shoot. July will be a hazy blur of heat and summer camp while August is all kinds of hectic travel for the lad and I. We’ll be in the thick of it before you know.