I started drafting this post on June 1st, to indicate it is time to celebrate my birthday ALL MONTH LONG. And I made a good start of it. Friday night we attended a friend’s art opening, enjoyed dinner with more friends and hung out with yet more friends after. Saturday we stopped by a friend’s record/yard sale. In the afternoon I had a paid photo shoot at the rose gardens (on a gorgeous day). And that night the boyfriend was in a marching band parade on the West Bank as part of Bedlam’s 11th Annual Community Ten Minute Play Festival at Mixed Blood Theatre. Afterward we went to Hell’s Kitchen for the final New Labor show. Where I took NO PHOTOS. What? Yesterday I subjected myself to the bro-tastic Grand Old Day event for the first time since the 90s. But from our new apartment I was able to take a free shuttle down Summit Ave to the Dixie’s Stage to hang out with friends and see the bands I wanted to see (Blind Shake and The Soviettes). Sadly I was too worn out from my day in the sun to make it to Jonathan Richman at The Cedar. But I thoroughly enjoyed the novelty of a quiet evening at home. And even read in bed after I was done editing photos.
Five more good things:
- New Liars full length, WIXIW, is out TODAY (but Amazon won’t let me have it until tomorrow). I love Liars so. You can hear the single here.
- My son is going to be so stoked. We watched all of the Avatar: Last Airbender episodes together and we both wanted more. Just found out our wish has been granted. The story continues with The Legend of Korra.
- Cats Are More Than Eye Candy - “Cats have the rare ability to fight dangerous and terrifying animals—like snakes, for example—to the death, while maintaining an air of crippling cuteness.”
- This coming weekend brings with it Northern Spark, Open Streets Minneapolis and a taco crawl down Lake Street.
- Northern Spark will be keeping me so busy I’ll likely have to miss out on Low performing in Pioneers and Soldiers Cemetery and this makes me sad. But if you like Low you should go.
Somehow this is the lad’s last week of school! Which is especially significant as it marks the end of his time at his current school and in elementary school altogether. In the Fall he will make the great leap to junior high. Eep. Before then we have many summer plans. We have all of next week to spend together before summer camp begins. In between the mundane (like dental check-ups) we’ll hit up the brand new Como Pool, take a day trip to Duluth, probably go to the Drive-In and who knows what else.