My little heart is singing after last night. It was the first evening of Heliotrope 9 at The Lab Theater. Heliotrope is the most magical Minneapolis music happening of the year, for me. And bonus? The Anchor Fish and Chips food truck was there. Maaan their chips with curry are so yum. I got up early this morning to finish editing photos so I don’t get backlogged this weekend. Two more divine evenings to go!
Five good things for this fine Friday:
- Stereogum’s Top 25 Music Videos Of 2012 So Far - I don’t necessarily enjoy each of those songs but all the videos make for some entertaining eye candy.
- Love ‘em or hate ‘em, Die Antwoord is coming to town. Unfortunately for me they’re playing First Ave’s main room when I’ll be away. Dangit.
- The Unsettled Foundation has put out a call for submissions, for “dark” speculative fiction. Spooky good!
- My smartphone wallet arrived today. I like it. I like it a lot.
- Lots going on with the long holiday weekend ahead. One of those things? The kid and I (and most likely a few friends) are attending the Monster Food Truck Rally at the Saint Paul Saints Stadium on Sunday. It’s not just picnicking in the ball park, it’s picnicking ON THE BASEBALL FIELD. How cool is that?