I’m planning to do some deep cleaning this Zombie Jesus Day. Or maybe go get a pedicure. The morning ought to be pretty relaxed but things kick into high gear in the afternoon. Beginning with a family function. Then an enchilada party. And Irregular Readings at the Triple Rock. But, most importantly, Japanese garage punks Guitar Wolf will be playing in the Entry! I’ve been wanting to experience them live ever since seeing them in the campy zombie flick Wild Zero nearly a decade ago.
Five other good things for this rainy Saturday:
- Awesomely creepy. 15 Easter Bunnies more terrifying than a crucified man coming back from the dead.
- “I Re-Watched Titanic So You Don’t Have To. You’re Welcome.” Thank you Lindy West! I might love you.
- Photographer Roger Minick’s Sightseer Series
- I’m more of a cat person than a dog person but this photo series was nicely done: Dog Days, Man’s Best Friend is a Girl’s Best Accessory.
- A co-worker launched a tumblr to capture the outrage we were all feeling. “WTF, RESTORATION HARDWARE? The Spring 2012 catalog is a diamond mine of WTFs. Let’s look at the gems together.” Seriously. I was stunned when that ridiculously oversized waste of trees showed up on my doorstep.
The weekend got off to a fine start. The lad had a pleasant sleepover with his bio-dad (with Mario Kart game time). The man-friend and I went out for sushi (his first time ever) and to a couple of shows. Tonight’s Choose-Your-Adventure smorgasbord of options is overwhelming. There was already too much on my plate but I was just offered a photo pass to shoot Caroline Smith TGNS and Retribution Gospel Choir in the First Avenue Main Room. Decisions decisions.