It’s a bit premature, but yes, I had already decided on my Halloween 2011 costume idea. Courtesy of my brilliant son of course. But now I’ve found out that Catherine Hardwicke (director of the first Twilight movie) may be ruining it for me. I don’t want folks to think *my* little red riding hood is inspired by her next teen movie. Oh well. At least Gary Oldman is in it.
Five good things:
- Unusual art. Fungus-imitating portraits? “Ryan Alexander created a generative processing software that simulates fungus. Instead of old, rotting vegetables, ‘Mycelium’ uses photos as its food to create wonderfully intricate structures.” And “Photocopy Romance” is a creative stop motion video made with a scanner.
- Inside Lascaux: rare, unpublished photos documenting the discovery of the now famous cave paintings
- WHEN SQUID FLY: New photographic evidence depicts a group of flying squid off the coast of Brazil. Notice the jets of water propelling the squid through the air.
- A friend’s new project, High Rotation, all about music news, reviews, interviews and concert info (mostly in Europe, I would imagine). A more local (to me) project is InspireMPLS - “built with the purpose of bringing creatives together locally in Minneapolis through sharing what inspires them about their city.”
- “If we all start using them, these words can be resurrected.” 20 Obsolete English Words that Should Make a Comeback.
This coming weekend we will go bowling and watch humans fly but I also plan to flesh out several ideas for an upcoming art show. Looking forward to some challenging yet fun photo shoots with friends and strangers alike.