Yesterday’s combo Sunday brunch / Saintly City Cat Club Show adventures were a great success! I will never let this oddball annual tradition die. Yes, I am conflicted about the whole thing, as I disagree with the practice of breeding when there are already too many non-pedigreed felines in need of homes. But my desire to see the unusual looking cats is too strong. Parker and I fell in love with a gorgeous Sphynx named Lil’ Dipper. And this total dudecat, whose actual name I didn’t catch, but I’ve dubbed The Supreme Overlord. I would happily do his bidding if he’d just let me hug him. The rest of my photos are here and Ericka’s fine photos are over here. Really though, the event is just as much about the people as the cats. One highlight? Talking to a showcat owner who seemed sincerely shocked - and almost appalled - upon discovering we only have two cats. “What, two cats? Really, just two?” And “well, you’re getting more cats, aren’t you?” Apparently she is down to just five cats and felt this was an unacceptably low number.
More guilty pleasures:
- Very Mary Kate is very funny. Well-written/acted shorts.
- I’ll watch the upcoming biopic, The Runaways, but Twilight’s Kirsten Stewart as Joan Jett…I dunno about that.
- A rather elaborate joke? The International Jurassic Park Erotic Fan-Fiction Writer’s Association.
- I’ve lived with my own clumsiness since childhood. Broke an arm, sustained two concussions, dropped my birthday cake, frosting side down, into the street (while getting out of a car). Most recently twisted up my knee. But usually I’m only hurting myself. I feel badly for the art student who managed to trip, fall into and rip Picasso’s painting, The Actor. Oof. But I’m also glad it wasn’t me.
- Fascinated with Moscow’s subway-taking stray dogs.
Sports in general are not my thing but I’ll happily benefit from yesterday’s Vikings loss. Punch is offering conciliatory free pizza tonight. Hopefully the lines won’t be *too* crazy, full of sadsack football fans, after our usual Monday afternoon swimming.