I’ve always been attracted to the strange but even I have my limits. Some things straddle that line between good touch and bad touch. To demonstrate, four fun things and one creepy one:
- My new favorite iPhone app, Talking Carl! “Carl Repeats everything you say with the funniest Voice.” When my voice is repeated back to me I sound like Gir from Invader Zim. Sadly the Sleeping Carl app is not available in the U.S. But Carl does have a friend named Gugl. Adorable.
- Hooray for new Kids in the Hall! Apparently Death Comes to Town will be an eight-episode comedic murder mystery. I already adore Scott Thompson’s Heather Weather.
- A flickr friend consistently manages to find the most amazing things when dumpster diving. Like gorgeous mid-century modern style furniture that only needs a little bit of TLC. A little more intensive TLC? Over at Young House Love - “two young people falling in love with their first house” - the transformation is amazing. I wish they’d come give my house a makeover. (Note: there really isn’t anything strange about this bullet point - I just wanted to post about it before it slipped my mind.)
- Holy crap it’s katie cook! And katie really can draw.
- Finally, the freaky - a scantily clad man dressed as a unicorn, dancing around with a sword. Or in costume as a tiger and creeping around some stairs. Maybe it is art, but it’s most definitely creepy.
And now my Saturday morning procrastination is venturing dangerously close to Saturday afternoon procrastination. I’ve got a house in dire need of deep cleaning and no Rosie the Robot Maid to assist me. I’d better have at it.