There’s a lot going on this weekend, as always, but the main event? The Saintly City Cat Show! (AKA the crazy cat lady/cat man show.) Last year was our inaugural visit, accompanied by two dear friends who are seasoned veterans. But this year we’re expanding our entourage, and having more like-minded folk over for brunch beforehand. Then together we will field trip it on to the crowning of cat royalty! But the people watching is just as good as the cat watching at these things. I do hope we see the woman with the forearm tattoos of her dead cats. But I hate to think she might have them taxidermied at home. Eep.
Five more helpings of the good and the weird:
- I’ve been hearing about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Undead for ages (oh, vampiric Shakespeare. Not unlike zombie Jane Austen). Now it looks like they finally have a release date. Hooray!
- I’m a tried and true Mr. Bento lover, but a co-worker got me looking at this Kotobuki Sad Panda bento and fruit knife/shiv. Tempting. Good thing I’m broke or they’d be mine.
- My good/geek friend Matt Gray has overhauled his personal site. Pretty pretty. And he frequently points out silly iPhone apps like Guaca Mole.
- Somehow I have two LaLa music accounts, which is getting pretty annoying, now that I’m using the service more. I should see if there’s a way to merge them. Hmm.
- Creepy cryptozoology: Alleged ‘ningen’ humanoid sea creatures of the Antarctic and
whoa octopus pussycat!
Now for this week in cupcakes, at Triple Rock and Mitrebox. And Cake Eater will be representing at the Modern Radio anniversary thingie, Saturday, January 23rd at the Cedar Cultural Center. But I’ve also been invited to an old friend’s vampire+laser tag themed birthday party for the same exact timeframe! Such a dilemma.