Frustrations abound this week, and have been exacerbated by a deadly combo of sleep deprivation and hormonal issues.
- Yesterday I was so exhausted at work - I was actually annoyed that my lunch wouldn’t heat itself up and float over to my desk. So last night I went to bed early. Things were going swimmingly until about 4am…when J was paged by work. I finally got back to sleep just minutes before I needed to get up for the day. Sigh.
- I’ve had my Powerbook for about a year. It’s already been sent off for hardware problems once, but now the optical disc drive has died. I can’t even back up my data before I hand it over to be repaired (but Apple will do that for me, for an extra $50). Oh, and the latch is completely broken too.
- That vegan whipped cream I was so excited about? The freaking can is defective. I was able to squirt some soy whip out just the once, but not since.
- A package was delivered to the house today. It wound up on the back deck, soaking wet (it was raining all day). The contents were dry, thankfully, but mmmm, soggy mail. Yay!
- The little man’s teacher announced a last minute field trip. Reeeeeeally last minute. I found out yesterday afternoon, and the trip was this morning. The school had scored free tickets to a performance at Orchestra Hall. I totally would’ve chaperoned if I could have. But it was such short notice and work was really busy so I was kinda sad. But then I found out mimes were involved. So maybe it was for the best.
- I got a later start on the living room painting project than I would have liked. Now it’s half-finished (ok, maybe a little more than half) and the living and dining rooms are in complete disarry and it’s already dark when I get home from work each day and all I want to do is collapse into a pitiful little heap. Hoping to be done by December. Or maybe the new year. With the living room. And with the pitifulness.
Bonus: Not only is Vlog Santa back, he has his very own site now. And there are rumors and rumblings about personalized video greetings being offered soon. Vlog Santa will do anything for a buck (or 25 bucks).
Plus: I’m loving the Wall Dolls by Mia Hansen. Sadly I can’t make it to the Wall Candy event in Vancouver, but this Saturday is the second annual No Coast Craft-O-Rama. This time around in a bigger and better location. Sadly my budget is smaller and suckier this year.
And: A Final Explosion of Street Art…on Spring Street.