Bureaucratic frustrations abound. We did manage to make one positive change at my son’s school, and it was a major one, but the entire autism program still needs an overhaul. I had hoped for a smoother transition to high school for my son. Instead it seems like his entire freshman year will be a bumpy ride. And that is frustrating beyond belief. I just want to make it all better for him but I’m feeling powerless. And at times steaming mad. But I am persistent and I’m not going to give up. We have another meeting at the school early next week. Hopefully more progress can be gained.
How about five good things?
- Kate Beaton is ever so entertaining. Her latest comics are great - Broadside Ballads
- I have a bad habit of watching upcoming movie trailers. Too often the trailer gives away the entire thing. But I think Paul Thomas Anderson’s Inherent Vice looks like it will be highly entertaining. And it features a new Radiohead song. A movie with a more local connection is AmRep’s Color of Noise. With a special screening next week at the Riverview Theater.
- Some huge news this week has been the return of Twin Peaks in 2016, as a miniseries on Showtime. Fulfilling Laura Palmer’s prophecy: “I’ll see you again in 25 years.” Neat.
- Last weekend Pioneer Press photographer Ben Garvin shot a neat Twin Cities Marathon slo-mo video using a special camera made for that purpose.
- Whoa. This could be big. “Imgur Just Invented a New GIF Format—Here’s Why It Matters“
Last weekend I shot my last wedding of the season. And I also managed to cram in some Fall family fun on Sunday. Our little household ventured off to The Vegetarian in St. Croix Falls along with Fawn Doe Rosa, the Franconia sculpture park and Sven’s Clogs in Chisago (dangerous, I want them all). Oh and we picked up some New Glarus since we were in Wisconsin. And there’s the novelty of purchasing alcohol on a Sunday! Something we still can’t do in Minnesota.