Well, the boy’s school year is off to a stunningly bad start. Last week’s bus route hiccups were only the beginning. Parenting a special needs student is full of bonus hassles and hurdles and jargon but never have I had to deal with so many dropped balls. I have a phone call scheduled for tomorrow with his case manager, to try to get to the bottom of this, but I’m not holding my breath. Instead I will try some deep breathing to relax and point out a slew of perfectly fine happy distractions:
- I can’t make it today but hope to make it to a future Beaker and Brush talk, where “science and art meet half way” - presented by the Science Museum of Minnesota.
- One of my most favorite things ever…behind-the-scenes Godzilla photos were charming, absolutely ridiculous
- A Rapper Finds His Muse in the Stars - a collaboration between Neil deGrasse Tyson, the director of the Hayden Planetarium, and rapper GZA.
- It’s been all over the place but I am also a super fan - Chris Kluwe and the Greatest Political Statement by Any Athlete Ever and his “cleaned up” version.
- Music of a band I enjoy is featured in this game: ‘Mark Of The Ninja’ And The Business Of Stealth: How Klei Entertainment Set Out To Make The Perfect Stealth Game
- Looking forward to finally seeing a movie inside the renovated Uptown Theater soon.
- Oh yeah, one of my photos garnered first prize in the Heavy Table State Fair photo contest. Found that out the same day a representative from NATO asked for permission to use one of my older photos in a piece about cyber security. Umm, k.
Other real life highlights in the last week included a portrait photo shoot with a co-worker and her adorable family. A friend’s birthday party where a flaming arrow was used to ignite a pinata. The Mount Eerie show at CO Exhibitions. Modern Radio Night at the Kitty Cat Klub. And the Totally Gross National Party 2012 at The Icehouse.