Oh Amazon Instant. It’s far too easy to buy season passes and sit back to let the Adventure Time episodes roll over us. Seems to be my current coping mechanism, to deal with the seasonal allergies that threaten to DESTROY ME. And my son is just down with some chill down time, after a hectic summer of camp and vacations. Moving his annual trip to North Carolina up a week this year seems to have done the trick. This was his first visit with his grandparents that did not involve A HURRICANE. But now that he’s home there is a hurricane in the area.
Today we have five…things. I’ll let you insert your own adjective.
- I generally adore Joseph Gordon-Levitt and I usually agree with Ebert but Premium Rush was terrible. And not like a good bad. Just bad bad. The soundtrack, the cheesy stilted dialogue, the 80s movie style action scenes.
- And the Darwin award goes to…”Man dressed as Sasquatch hit and killed near Kalispell“
- I’m not sure what to make of this. Old Spice Muscle Music. Hmmm.
- Road Trip: Northern Minnesota. From the August/September 2012 issue of National Geographic Traveler. We go North fairly often. And for the boy’s MEA break in October I’m taking him to a Northern destination he has never visited. Madeline Island. We’ve got a cool looking cabin lined up for three nights.
- My excitement for the Internet Cat Video Festival has been dampened somewhat due to the return of uncomfortable summer heat. That, and how overhyped this event is becoming. Lil Bub will even be there today! But still, so will we.
Last night the lad and I decided, on a whim, to have dinner at the Minnesota State Fair. There’s a free park & ride stop not far from home and it didn’t take long to get there. But the boyfriend was still at work far far away and couldn’t join us so I didn’t have anyone to split food stuffs with. Parker is so picky he stuck to his basics - corn on the cob, onion rings, sno-cone, and the like. I got full at my first stop. Curse you Giggles’ Campfire Grill! I didn’t even have any cheese curds. Hoping to return sometime this weekend, and get to the Luminarium, among other things. I was pleased that we did make it to the 4-H Llama Costume Contest though. And not at all surprised by the number of friends and acquaintances I ran into there. Like-minded oddballs.