Still recovering from my stupid illness - and going a little stir crazy - but the internet provides. Last night it provided a steady stream of Double Rainbow photos from locals via various social media outlets. I missed out on that but did witness a gorgeous sunset from my sick bed.
Five decent distractions for today:
- In the 80s, Japanese Dudes Drove Power Rangers
- A wonderful new video from King Khan and the Shrines
- Super freaking cool! Old style movie magic: The 50 Greatest Matte Paintings of All Time
- Category CATS: First, Morrissey with cats. Oh and somebody quick, fly to Arizona and adopt this beautiful munchkin cat! I want to rub Tank’s tummy. If you need money for the airfare hit up one of these cash cats. Then fly to Tokyo to visit Daisy, the kitten who looks like an ewok.
- Send Jennifer & I Heart Hamas to the Edinburgh Fringe Fest! And watch her “Ask A Palestinian” video.
I really try to live in the now but my “now” is full of mucus and body aches so it’s easy to let my mind wander and drift ahead. Particularly to September. A month already jam-packed with amazing shows like Swans and The Jesus & Mary Chain and…now…The Dirty Three. Definitely squee-worthy.