The weekend was a mixed bag. Heavy on the overwhelmingly stressful and frustrating part of the mix, unfortunately. I came home from a wedding Friday night to find a swarm of hundreds of flying ants IN MY BEDROOM. And thousands more were out back, behind the house. I slept on the couch that night but not well. Saturday morning I woke up feeling not at all refreshed and then spent seven hours shooting an outdoor wedding. After which I was looking forward to going home to rest but my car had other ideas. I drove away and the clutch went out. Le sigh.
Five weird things for this Monday (that I intended to post last week):
- Man with monkey on his head walks around Como Lake
- Let’s pizza? Pizza Vending Machine Poised for US Launch
- Online electronics retailer Kogan is imposing a 6.8% tax on shoppers who use IE7
- ‘XML creator Tim Bray has proposed a new HTTP error code: 451, “Legally restricted.” The idea is to create an unambiguous code that ISPs can return when a user requests a page that has been censored by a court or government. Note the specific number of the error code. Bray thanks Ray Bradbury in the footnotes.’
- I have nerd love for the tongue in cheek WikiWars.
The boy was super stoked this morning, for the first day of summer camp. I dropped him off (using a borrowed car). Always happy times for him there and I’m happy when he’s happy. And I’m trying to keep myself happy-ish with the liberal application of ridiculous summertime jams. Everything from old B-52s to Young MC and Technotronic to King Tuff. I’m determined to power through. Maybe not always with a smile on my face but at least with my will unbroken and my spirit undefeated.