Today has been a quiet day, aside from the delivery of my new (super marked down and super comfortable) boots from 6pm.com, but yesterday? That was an unexpectedly silly day at work. First with birthday cake and the company’s president giving the managing director a buck on a bike, and then fun with emergency vehicles!
Five other fantastic things:
- Yesterday there was all the hoopla about the Rock the Garden lineup announcement, about which I really don’t care. But then came the Heliotrope 9 lineup announcement. And I bounced up and down for joy! Heliotrope is my happy place, wherever it happens to happen. And this year that venue will be The Lab.
- Happy Birthday David (NEW Prometheus Viral!). I’m extremely jazzed about the release of this movie on June 8th. I even used the word “jazzed” which is not a word I use.
- Stupid Things in Super Slow Motion: “There’s a Danish TV show called Dumt & Farligt in which two guys are given a house and the task of doing stupid and dangerous things that come to mind. In addition to recording the experiments in real time, the show decided to also use a Phantom Flex high speed camera to capturing everything at 2,500 frames per second. The video above provides a slow motion look at things ranging from setting off large fireworks indoors to microwaving a bottle of red wine.”
- Your Morning Ennui: Henri the French Cat Articulates the Pain of Existence
- I had no idea that record players in cars were ever a thing. How wonderful and sort of ridiculous. But for audiophiles of this modern era here’s a handy How To guide for Enjoying Turntables Without Obsessing. Thank you NYT!
Now for a tragic thing, with a slightly hopeful twist. From my dear friend Manny:
Last month some friends experienced a tragedy when their house caught fire. One of our friends lost his life while waking his housemates. A tremendous burden is left for these folks as they try to recover and rebuild their lives. Here is my contribution. I will be offering my hair for benefit. On May 10th I will shave my head if that is the will of the most donations.
All proceeds will go to help out the these folks.