It was an exceptionally busy and wildly varied weekend, with family and friends. Kicked Friday off by receiving a cryptic message from my Dad. He made something for me. The kid and I raced out to the burbs to see what it was. It happened to be…a fully articulated Bill the Cat. Crafted from cardboard and duct tape. Growing up we often read Bloom County together. My wonderfully weird father has always come up with the most interesting creations. I need to be better about documenting his output. There was also a spontaneous trip up to Hinckley and back, for a family dinner (and some hot tub time). And taco time with the man friend at Midtown Global Market, while being serenaded by a dude playing a bouzouki. And the regular choose-your-own-adventure challenge of which shows to attend Friday, Saturday and Sunday (it was a hodge podge of four). It all wrapped up with some biking and backyard grilling with my boy.
Five good things for yet another Monday:
- This went unmentioned, by me, but recently I celebrated my seventh anniversary with Clockwork. SEVEN YEARS. There are few things I’ve done for that length of time. Parenting. Homeownership (which is blissfully over with). Matriculating. But in this day and age seven years with one employer is nothing to sneeze at. Though I don’t know if I’ll ever match or beat my Dad’s record 42 years on the job. Oof. Anyhow, I collaborated with a co-worker for this month’s “April Showers” Clockwork wallpaper.
- A new Liars track called No.1 Against the Rush
- A new Dirty Signs with Kristin - “Me Love You Spicy Way Long Time“
- I think April Fools Day is silly, but I like that the zoo has a sense of humor about it. “Is Mr. Don Key there? Como Zoo bears with April Fools’ calls“
- Speaking of…we went to a backyard variety show yesterday billed as “a time for feeling foolish, and acting on those impulses for idiocy!” More photos here.
The week ahead promises to be just as busy as the weekend was, at work and outside of. One of these days I’m going to force myself to take some downtime. Lock myself up in my apartment and sit still for a spell. But that day isn’t happening anytime soon.