This week started off with such great promise. The preview breakfast at Aster Cafe on Monday was simply amazing. As was the brutal, beautiful and pummeling Swans show Tuesday night. It was one of those magical evenings at First Ave where I couldn’t turn around without running into someone I know and like. But then my annual allergies-or-illness nuisance arrived early and knocked me on my ass for the last few days. Even I’m sick of my own whining about being sick so let’s roll with five (or so) good things:
- Dinosaur light painting and 30 stunning (and persuasive) sci-fi propaganda posters
- We’re now one step closer to being able to take photographs with our minds: Human Camera: Scientists Reconstruct Pictures from Brain Activity
- The Hipsters of Russia, and accidental Chinese ones too
- Shel Silverstein Comes Alive in a New Book, 12 Years After His Death
- A recent NY Times article, on a topic that is of concern to me as my son rapidly approaches adolescence: Autistic and Seeking a Place in an Adult World
I will attempt to power through the fun-filled weekend ahead but naps will definitely be needed in order to do so.