Today I am back among my people. Yesterday I was off-site all day at a training workshop. It was valuable information and was delivered well via the trainer and training materials, but the other attendees were a reminder…of what it’s like for many IT professionals out there in very corporate environments, where relationships can be more adversarial than collaborative. And it made me appreciate the magic of Clockwork EVEN MORE. We just have the special sauce.
Five good things for this Friday:
- The Heavy Metal Cowboys of Botswana are just so very FUCK YEAH.
- Our friends at Reviler have put out their very first podcast, with The Bombay Sweets and more
- A favorite local artist is putting out a book. Tooth: The Graphic Art of Dale Flattum
- Speaking of art books…the 3D Art Book - “A new book of eye-popping art from revered designer Tristan Eaton” - looks pretty damned cool.
- Yesterday I allowed myself a little treat, from the amazing Patisserie 46. And I’m happy I did.
Enough with the sitting for today. Time to take a walk…on Clockwork’s treadmill desk. And later, another walk in the great outdoors. Looks like the best weather of the weekend is happening right now. It might rain on our parade (for Cinco de Mayo, tomorrow) but at least we can seek shelter inside The Source or Big Brain for Free Comic Book Day.