Last week my life was on a particularly uneven path - like driving on nothing but rumble strips. All the stress and gnashing of teeth left my jaw aching. And one of the bigger potholes in the road, so to speak, involved the need for Cipro…but thankfully Antrax exposure wasn’t involved (and I do feel much better now). So let’s stick to the roadside attractions instead! Five recent good things on the road trip of my life:
- Snagged some intriguing items at the yard sale of quirky acquaintances. Not pictured? A wind-up Bender robot toy for the boy, stashed away for his upcoming birthday (he’s been on a Futurama kick lately).
- Thursday night I enjoyed the company of friends, old and new, at the Turf Club along with the live music of course.
- Inspired by Dudes With Beards Eating Cupcakes I took a series of photos at work on Friday - of Clockworkers Eating Cupcakes. Which shots should we submit to the tumblr blog?
- Saturday afternoon my son and I walked down to Harriet Island for the insanity of the Red Bull Flugtag. Approximately 90,000 other folks turned out for it too. That made for some serious people watching. But our favorite bit? Involved skydivers jumping out of a plane and landing gracefully on a barge on the river.
- Saturday night found us at Eclipse Records for the La Mano 2nd Annual Report. A lovely evening despite the meager turnout.
Somehow this is the last week of July. Summer has been barreling right along in blink-and-you’ll-miss-it mode. But I’m hoping this week’s shenanigans will, overall, include more ultra high highs than last week’s low lows. Better yet? I’d be happy to just coast through the week in neutral.