Apparently this Thursday is National Get Outdoors Day. What better way to honor that than by getting out to the Walker Art Center’s Open Field? Unless it’s raining cats and dogs, of course, as it is today. Then maybe we could just go puddle-jumping instead. I do have the perfect wellies for that. And they are currently on my feet.
Five good things for this gloomy day:
- A brand new Haiku of Regret from Squid and Frog!
- Our beloved Totoro has a cameo in the upcoming Toy Story 3.
- Minnesota Public Radio Presents “Magical Classical Cartoon Morning” this Saturday, June 12, at The Fitzgerald Theater.
- The Art and Craft of Terrariums - absolutely lovely. Though they’d all be destroyed instantly in our house.
- Neil Jordan (of The Crying Game fame and more) has another film out. Ondine is the story of an Irish fisherman who discovers a woman in his fishing net who he believes to be a mermaid. I’m a sucker for that sort of premise but it stars Colin Farrell. Hmmm. Though I did like him in In Bruges.
Been on pins and needles all day waiting for word from the mechanic…about when my wheels will be ready for and that will depend on what the grand total will run me. Considering the paltry amount currently sitting in my checking account, I’m not sure I’ll be able to swing it. Wheeeee. Currently attempting to determine the perfect music to match my mercurial mood. Any suggestions for stress-filled rainy days?