In St. Paul news, my Dad, a veteran of the SPD, gives the new police chief the thumbs up. Apparently the guy is even a West Sider, like myself. And sometime tomorrow I will be stopping by the estate sale of a St. Paul warlock, in his Summit Avenue mansion. I’m not getting my hopes up for crazy pentagrams and grimoires or anything, but perhaps he’ll have more than just the usual run of the mill knick-knacks.
Five other good things for this fine Thursday:
- I’m a long-time Lightning Bolt fan (already have my ticket for the Triple Rock show on July 15th), but didn’t realize the bass player likes to make a lot of noise not just in his band, but also when scoring video games. Watch this video. Pretty neat behind-the-scenes peek into the Providence scene.
- Was perusing a blog about new, experimental music. “If you are interested in improvised/electro-acoustic/electronic music, you might find something to investigate further.” Interesting. And in this blog I was reminded that I need to check out Shirin Neshat’s film, Women Without Men. Looks like mighty powerful stuff.
- This Saturday is Free Comic Book Day! Hooray! It’s my son’s favorite holiday. And I have been meaning to pick up Batman & Robin, Volume 1, Batman Reborn. I’m only a sucker for some superhero comics, honest. The St. Paul Craftstravaganza is also happening on Saturday, just down the road from The Source, but I need to chill on my spending.
- Speaking of comics…good news! “Bone to stay in Minnesota school district’s libraries“
- In random news, someone found one of my Red Owl Crew tattoo photos on flickr and commented by pointing out her own. Perhaps she can be an honorary member of the R.O.C.?
The next several weekends promise to be pretty damned busy. Birthdays, BBQs, yardwork and gardening attempts, shows, shooting a wedding, etc. But hoping I can squeeze a trip in to Fawn-Doe-Rosa Wildlife Park for the kiddo. I think he’d get a kick out of feeding the animals.