Last night we found out that Parker’s first biological first cousin had been born, the night before. Another boy, but in California. This is his paternal uncle’s offspring. Our very small family has grown just a little bit. But it would have been nice for Parker to have a cousin or two closer in age, and in proximity. Still, welcome to the world, new little man. We hope to meet you before long.
- A few must-watch videos for Friday: Ray Bradbury for prunes, Tab, be a mindsticker? What? And an amazing Aliens movie synopsis/song.
- Just last night I learned about the Flatwoods Monster. And that led me down the rabbit hole for a good chunk of my evening. I am a sucker for alleged unidentified extraterrestrial or cryptid sightings.
- A burglar in Palm Harbor, Florida was unable to escape from police, even though he cleverly hijacked a swan pedal boat.
- Fashion Comes Full Circle at the Minnesota History Center. It’s just about that time again, for RetroRama!
- Photography tidbits: Marines use Polaroid photos as an opportunity for positive interaction with local people in Afghanistan and The Hidden Art of Camouflage Photography.
In cooking news, I plan to move beyond the No-Knead Bread recipe I’ve been using, though it has served me well, and move on into multi-grains. I want to start making something with more texture. Also? Swell vegan has had me distracted by thoughts of frosting this week. Avocado lime in particular. So very intriguing. But for now I’m off to the kitchen to bake some sort of apple pecan muffin concoction.