What is with my Wednesday? I could star in my own version of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. I slept poorly, again, and then overslept, again. Which means we missed the school bus, again. Hopped in the shower only to have the little man barge in to deliver bad news. The damned cat had pooped on one of the couches. I took the time to properly clean that up and check the litter box, but that was fine (as the cat had pooped on the couch instead). Got in the car (without taking my claritin and have been sneezing my head off all day) and hit the highway only to get stuck in stop and go traffic thanks to multiple fender benders along the way. The boy was marked tardy and I got to work much later than I’d intended with crazy hair, a crick in my neck, a mysterious stain of mystery on my shirt and without my gym bag. And I discovered a long-time friend has de-friended me on Facebook. And everyone seems to want my money. And I only just remembered that there is a paper wasp nest forming IN MY BEDROOM WINDOW, on the second story above the window a/c unit. And oh yeah, my son is allergic. And and and and…sigh.
Five good things:
- I’ve been a Dirty Three fan for years and can’t pass up the chance to see them perform at the beautiful Southern Theater. But instead of paying a sitter I purchased a ticket for my son. I hope he enjoys it. He has preferred instrumental music to music with vocals for some time now.
- Growing old gracefully with David Lynch and Werner Herzog. The trailer for their film: My Son, My Son, What Have You Done.
- “Mysterious undergrounds of the city attract many adventurers like a magnet.” Photos from underneath Moscow.
- A co-worker proposed that those of us with iPhones play Seek ‘n Spell together, outdoors. I am intrigued.
- I’ve officially reserved a Pump It Up Party Zone auditorium for my son’s 10th birthday party. I’d also like to get these lightsaber chopsticks for his birthday. Alas they won’t be for sale until 2010.
And before everything went to hell…the lad and I had some lovely pizza farm adventures last night.