The out of town bands are starting to come back. Because it’s almost Spring! And we have the fever! I’m antsy and about ready to burst out of my skin. Which sounds fairly disgusting, really, but I mean it in the best way possible. Our much needed road trip is coming right up but it hasn’t been planned out just yet. At all. I should get on that. But I am arranging it around all of the impending shows (music and art) that I intend to attend.
A sampling of such:
The No Rest for the Weary art opening at First Amendment, Leslie & the Ly’s with Stereo Total at First Ave, Morrissey at the State Theater, Robyn Hitchcock at The Varsity, The Thermals at the Triple Rock and a whole slew of bands celebrating the 15th anniversary of Extreme Noise Records (including Coalesce).
And a round-up of the random:
- If Google Was Dracula - how did I not know of this sooner?
- Rare Fossil Octopuses Found!
- Two blogs I’ve been enjoying: Beautiful Decay and Eat Your Kimchi.
- Ringing the New Year in Persian-style, with Nourouz.
- I heartily endorse the idea of the really really free market (via Perfect Duluth Day).
- Retro cereal boxes and mmm, fragrant.
- Booby Trap: Japanese Vending Machine Lets You Claw At Boobs?!
- Boozy Mario drinks? Hmmm, possibly a really bad idea.
- Two Clockwork-related tidbits - a gallery of photos of our new space, taken by the architects, and Clockwork’s Notebook Exchange Program.
Technically the first day of Spring is this Friday, the 20th. But I think we’ve kicked things off nicely, weather-wise, this week. Though I shouldn’t tempt fate. This is Minnesota after all. And we’ve been known to have blizzards in April and May.