Thank you Facebook. My compulsive status updates have finally worked in my favor. An old friend saw me waxing on about foosball and has offered me a free foosball table. Yes! I just need to get that sucker moved from there to here. Hmmm.
Five other good things:
- Not sure where I got the heads up on this, but I am intrigued by The Action Heroine’s Handbook. The contents of which include: How to Win a Catfight, Drink Someone Under the Table, Choke a Man with Your Bare Thighs, and Dozens of Other TV and Movie Skills
- Tomorrow season two of The Guild begins. More about it here.
- It’s been a Super Furry Animals sort of day. ALL DAY LONG. But Friday I’m hoping it’ll be a Boris sort of day, if I can get to the Triple Rock to see them.
- A co-worker sent out a link to graphjam.com, a site of user-submitted graphs. The first one I saw? The friend zone. It seemed custom made for me (but is, of course, universal). Take a look at it. My interactions with males over the last year or two haven’t strayed far from “The Zone of PAIN” or “Awkwardness” zones. My goal for 2009 is to avoid those areas entirely. Though that might mean taking a radical sabbatical, for real.
- Another co-worker walked in the door today and pelted me, from behind, with a douchebag (pictured below). It’s a locally made “mean bag” from Etsy user MaybeYouShouldDie.
And now back to my neverending end-of-the-evening dilemma. Create or consume? I should work on the novel, but I just want to watch the season finale of True Blood. Rich man’s problems.