Dealing with people can be so painful. Everyone knows this, but I seem to re-learn that lesson over and over again. People I trust show themselves to be unworthy of that trust. Which leads to my disappointment (but not surprise). And my desire to stay home and hide from the outside world. Hopefully my hermitude will only be temporary.
It doesn’t help that something awful happened in our neighborhood yesterday afternoon. An eight year old girl was assaulted in the restroom of the local library. The library I regularly visit with my son. Now my mama bear mode is working overtime.
But I can’t just focus on the bad. Or my brain will asplode. Some things are not so bad. Here are five of them:
- My cell phone is working again.
- I’m punking out on Comic Book book club tonight, but still plan to read the 10-issue series of Omega the Unknown, revamped by Jonathan Lethem.
- Stoked to support Sheela in the world-wide cupcake competition known as IRON CUPCAKE. Curious to see what she’ll come up with.
- Just found out about The Guild with Felicia Day and watched all ten webisodes last night. I knew she was a great nerdy actress, from s7 of Buffy and in Dr. Horrible, but had no idea she played a lot of World of Warcraft in her free time. Funny.
- Tropic Thunder looks ridiculous but seeing it might just be our next Ladies’ night activity. On a related note, I’ve never seen Putney Swope - directed by Robert Downey Sr. - but after watching this clip I’d really like to.