Trying to keep my mind off my troubles. Yesterday’s Cat Attack Orchestra set, at Eclipse Records, was an excellent distraction. Also popped by Cupcake Saturday but did not partake. This crappy cold has left me without the ability to taste food. But I can still appreciate its presentation.
Five items of interest:
- A recent appearance by David Sedaris on The Daily Show was most entertaining.
- In that Daily Show clip, there is mention of London’s mayor finally calling for a ban of alcohol on the tube. And the ridiculousness that broke out the night before the ban took effect.
- Until I saw that, I’d no idea that Mayor Boris Johnson looks like a big little boy, what with that unruly moptop and all.
- “Architect Secretly Builds Epic Scavenger Hunt into NYC Apartment” - the filthy rich really do have more fun. No fair.
- A one-horned ‘Unicorn’ deer was born in Italy. In other mythical beast news, Coney Island’s Mermaid Parade returns next weekend. One of these years I’m going to participate in it, I swear.