It’s been a rough week for me and mine, causing me to retreat into escapist-mode. Now it is the weekend, at last, but there are an overwhelming number of activities happening - some simultaneously. I’ve opted to partake in almost none due to time/money/energy constraints. While I am sad to be missing out on so many top notch shows (Man Man, Saul Williams, Kraftwerk, Knife World, The Plastic Constellations) I will be socializing/sharing several meals with many people and that pleases me greatly.
Five other good things:
- Hezbollah Tofu, a Bourdain veganizing collective. Yes!
- Blik wall decals now come in Threadless designs. I want the Octopus, of course (thanks for the heads up Mary).
- This handmade Wonder Woman sweater is super ultra amazing.
- Artist and acquaintance John Grider was interviewed at The Walker.
- Listening to good music, new and old, courtesy of friends. Like New Bloods and Tittsworth, and Unrest.
Bonus: Also this weekend? The opening of the Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Fest. And the Not Enough Love bachelor/ette auction at the 331 Club. And the perverted film night at the Belfry.
Plus: The little man told me I should change my name to Sharyn B. Morrow. The B is for bitchin’ - sure, he stole that from an episode of Home Movies, but it was still pretty damned awesome.
And: There’s a Princess Bride game now. Huh.