After another rough week I savored the weekend. Got as much lazy lounging in as I could. Saturday a co-worker asked a couple of us St. Paulites if we could stop by my neighborhood ice cream shop, Izzy’s, to pick up a pint of the new Thai-tastic flavor (thai chiles, basil, candied lime). What he failed to mention was the flavor was being made that day by Andrew Zimmern, and filming was happening there for his show. I arrived just after my co-worker. The pint she procured was packed by Andrew Zimmern himself and she wound up in a shot on the show!
Five good things for this Monday:
- There’s a computer game museum in Berlin and it’s home to Painstation - a game featuring actual physical negative reinforcements. Eep.
- “Whoa! Check this out, this guy, Zilvinas Kempinas, makes long tunnels out of VHS tape. No word on whether you come out back in 1981 when you reach the other end of the tunnel, but we’re excited to find out.”
- Speaking of amusing but odd short videos - “Olive Juice” Directed by COUSINS. And pretty pretty - CLOUD: An Interactive Sculpture Made from 6,000 Light Bulbs. I want to play with it.
- Crazy! How Moken swimmers have adapted to be able to see clearly underwater.
- The fine folks at Atlas Obscura are sponsoring this neat looking Field Trip Day in six cities. Minneapolis is one of them.
Chris Kluwe keeps saying so well what I am too angry to articulate. And speaking of Vote No gatherings in Minnesota…my company is co-hosting a fundraiser with The Family Equality Council at The Ritz in NE to benefit MN United For All Families. It is happening Thursday, October 4th. But we all need to remember to Vote No on the terrible Voter ID/restriction amendment as well.