Yay Wednesday. I’m doing my best to muddle through this week. We had a brief respite from the oppressive July heat wave but it returned. And sapped me of my energy. Last night I fell asleep before my son did. And I missed out on two shows I’d wanted to attend, and their after parties. Thankfully a storm just rolled in and is cooling everything down.
Five other good things:
- “The Paralympics are the Olympics’s oft-neglected sibling. Whether it’s because we’re all Olympic’d out, or because we’re horrible people, it’s hard to work up much excitement, especially since they start an entire month later. Maybe this will help.”
- I adore this Hot Chip video, particularly because it was directed by the dreamy Peter Serafinowicz.
- I pre-ordered the American release of UK feminist Caitlin Moran’s How To Be a Woman. It should arrive today or tomorrow. Should be a good read (with many cringe-worthy moments that I will over-identify with).
- I’ve been enjoying the fantastic paintings of artist Jen Ray. They are actually epic.
- What your sideburns say about you. *snicker*
Way too much going on this coming weekend. Family functions and shows and art shows and gatherings. Vehicles and art colliding! With the Art Car Parade and Bearded Lady Motorcycle Freakshow. And the countdown has begun for our trip by plane to Los Angeles. Just in time, a round up of the 10 best pies in LA. Yessss!