My night owl tendencies are only worsening with the lengthening of the days. I can enjoy it for now but I’m going to have to seriously curb these bad habits come September. Next school year the poor kid and I will have to start getting up an hour earlier every school day. Boo to that! But yay to electives that will (hopefully) hold his interest. I’ll be heading to the school next week to register him for classes…for the beginning of his high school career. Eep.
Five good things for this fine Thursday:
- Now this is an idea I can get behind. History Happy Hours! Also historical, but somewhat more recent - Graveyard Of Cool: Cell Phones Throughout The Years
- Excellent advice. 5+ secrets to taking better portraits. You know what else would help me? A 50mm 1.2 and/or 85mm 1.2 lens. Alas I don’t have that sorta scrilla for faster lenses.
- “The Amazing Hair Salon That Doubles as a Retro Game Store” - I want to go to there. One of my son’s Dads will actually be in Denmark soon. I think he should bring us back a souvenir.
- Amusing. “A Night With the World’s Most Hated Bands: We take in a concert doubleheader with Creed and Nickelback“
- ‘Star Wars’ AT-AT cat condo: May the fur be with you. “Handmade AT-AT Walker cat condo may be met with shedding and snoozing from its cat residents, but every cat-owning “Star Wars” fan on the planet will desperately want one.”
The kid and I already have a busy weekend ahead. But now we have a forgotten deadline to boot. Since May is NEXT WEEK. I was hoping we could make some super short films together. In general, but specifically to submit for consideration in The Soap Factory’s Ten Second Film Festival, in conjunction with Northern Spark 2012. We better get cracking. Deadline is Tuesday.