Wow, it’s been another week where every free moment has been gobbled up by wolves. I’ve been saving loads of tidbits for blogging purposes but haven’t had time to spit them back out at the interwebs in an orderly fashion. So now I will vomit them forth.
Many good things:
- Interesting stuff - Sword Dance and Shadowgraph
- I haven’t got cable TV but if I did, I’d want to be watching The Smithsonian’s “Women in Science” series.
- Black Sheep Coal Fired Pizza is coming to my side of the river. Opening downtown St. Paul, in the Rossmor Building, on March 7th.
- Came across this by accident, when searching for something completely different, but was happy to have found it. I’d read about pioneering photographer Eadweard Muybridge before, of course, but this is a neat piece about him: The Man Who Made Pictures Move
- I would LOVE to go to each installment of MPR’s 2011 Season of Wits. But priority goes to Patton Oswalt’s night this month, and Neil Gaiman’s (which is conveniently the day before my birthday) and considering my finances I will likely make it to none.
- The film posters of Saul Bass – in pictures. Beautiful.
- File under spooky: “Age Maps - Two photographs of the same person from different periods (child and adult) are spliced together. In this fusion, a jump-of-time is established at the tear”
- I’m still crushing on Mimi Smartypants, after all these years.
- Goodnight Moon gets updated and becomes something better. Goodnight Dune (inspired by Five Sci-Fi Children’s Books)
- The Blind Man Who Taught Himself To See or Real Life Bat Man?
- Man about town Andy Sturdevant featured in Secrets of Awesome Beards.
Last night we hung our “Extreme Metal” art (right up and around a knitting group, and other Black Dog patrons) and tomorrow night is the big opening. And then maybe I can breathe. A little. But not really. Because I have a To Do list a mile long and all of those tasks NEED to happen SOON. Enrolling the boy in summer camp. Having my taxes done. Getting the car’s struts replaced. Setting up an engagement shoot for a couple before they depart for a destination wedding. Finishing a web site (in trade for plumbing services). Reading my Unix book. Doing something about the squirrels attempting to chew their way into our attic via the soffit.
But before all that? I will allow myself a bit of downtime with the boy. Maybe drop by the Walker’s Free First Saturday family day. Definitely going to see The Illusionist (from the makers of the Triplets of Belleville) with him soon, and take him out for pizza. And then I’m going to sit myself down to make a mix tape for the Yeti Records Mix Tape Exchange.