Started drafting this on Friday but have been in go-go-go mode ever since. Up far too early this Sunday morning for no apparent reason. But here are five interesting things:
- Amazing thing of the day, time capsule mansion - “A late 19th-century French mansion shuttered for more than a century has opened its doors to the public, revealing an array of outdated luxuries and oddities.”
- I’m excited to see Warner Herzog’s Cave of Forgotten Dreams. The film “explores the Chauvet Cave of Southern France, which contains the oldest cave art known to man, dated at approximately 32,000 years old. Herzog was given special access to the cave and was allowed to shoot using lights that don’t emit heat so as to avoid damaging the drawings.”
- Good or bad? “Ryan Gosling and Nicolas Winding Refn headed to Logan’s Run“
- So much better than the movie itself - Tanzanian Boy Retells Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Movie ‘Commando’ From Mama Hope - “an Africa-focused non-governmental organization working in partnership with African people to create self-sufficient communities.” Neat.
- Hope this dillweed returns what is not theirs - $25,000 Reward for Polaroid Photo of Dennis Hopper Stolen From Gallery
Speaking of dillweeds, Groupon finally put out an actual apology for their ridiculous ads and are pulling them. Now I won’t feel so badly about using my ChinDian groupon for dinner with the kiddo sometime soon. But we’ve been too busy to just yet. Possibly tomorrow. Yesterday was a blur. Made us pancakes before dropping the boy off with bio-dad for some hanging out time. Had a wonderful photo shoot with a most compelling model at Minnehaha Falls. Followed by a lovely brunch at Cake Eater Bakery. And helping a friend pack for an impending move. Then catching another friend’s in-store performance at Yeti Records. Today is more of the busy busy. Some day soon I will just sit still. Maybe.