Five pick me ups:
- Fantastic “I said No!” Pope condoms in France.
- In Japan it’s just about time for the annual Festival of the Steel Phallus.
- Amazingly pretty macro shots of slime molds in Russia.
- This weekend in Portland the Museum of Contemporary Craft presents Handmade Nation - a documentary about the indie craft movement.
- A friend has just launched her new “Your Daily Cartoon” blog. Expect great things to come.
I use only a handful of iPhone apps regularly but as we’re going on a road trip through the backwoods of Wisconsin…Vegan Xpress (via Marty) becomes much more useful. It provides lists of vegan-safe offerings at various chain restaurants. Places we only frequent when on the road. Speaking of the trip, earlier I threw together a mix for the drive - So Run Down. Hopefully I won’t feel so run down after a few days of R&R. And maybe I’ll even recapture some creativity. My new blog has already been languishing. Sure, I’ve been posting to sharynshoots.com but only once a week if that. And no one has been commenting. Still, I’m not worried. Inspiration will strike. It always does.
Bonus: Obama Depressed, Distant Since ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Series Finale
Plus: I have no problem admitting…I enjoy Peter, Bjorn and John. And I wouldn’t mind seeing them when they come to town. But the Fine Line? One of my least favorite venues in town. Boo hiss.
And: Sheela has extra ultra amazing cupcake flavors this week - while I’m out of town! It figures. Oh well.