The boy is already in Spring break mode, happily declaring “I don’t have to do homework for a whole week!” Technically we’re not going on vacation until Wednesday, but this weekend I’ve gotten a jumpstart on the lazing. A chunk of my Saturday was spent stretched out on the front porch couch, in the sun, reading City of Glass. I just can’t resist paranormal drama.
Other good things:
- Miyazaki made an animated Tales from Earthsea a couple of years back. Not sure how I missed that. Sadly Netflix doesn’t have it. Which is almost like it doesn’t exist! Netflix does have the Ali G movie though. I watched that ridiculousness last night with friends, but I’m even more interested in Sacha Baron Cohen’s upcoming Bruno movie.
- Some amusing stop motion animation. I particularly like Bruce Lee vs. Iron Man.
- I’ve been enjoying The Coathangers this Sunday morning. And the NY Times gave a shoutout to “Scandinavian goth” including a link to The Fever Ray video for If I Had a Heart.
- “Did you see the work I did on the roof? Cheeky student Rory McInnes did some DIY at the family home — painting a 60ft WILLY on the roof.” Wow.
- Twitter shuts down the faux Christopher Walken account. It was entertaining while it lasted. And yesterday I started following the real Ted Leo. He posted this horrifying/hilarious gem. I dare you to make it through the whole thing.