Thanks to a potent combination of hormones and a summer cold, I am a weepy sniffling feverish mess. Have had to cancel all of our weekend plans - the getting-things-done plans as well as the fun ones - and force myself to stay in bed instead. Even confining myself to bed, the damned room won’t stop spinning. The little man seems to be on the mend (from an ongoing viral infection) but his barking cough lingers. Before we were so stricken I had been all set to post something more upbeat, about how the good of late has been pure awesomeness, while the bad has just been moderately annoying but not mission critical.
- After a stretch of oppressive heat the weather broke. The day that it was especially dry and cool I was so very happy. If only it could be like that year-round. Oh, it is. In Berkeley.
- Our childcare program re-assessed the little man’s needs and is moving him from the 1:4 ratio to 1:10. Which means the rates will drop from the new $80/day high to a more reasonable $48/day. Phew.
- Free flowing traffic. I worked from home one morning last week to avoid construction-related rush hour woes, and then we stayed overnight at J’s one night, again to decrease our commute time.
- Calvin Johnson and Julie Doiron. So glad I was able to see them Thursday night.
- Assorted music I received for my birthday. Who woulda thunk that I’d enjoy a little Jay-z?
- I have the best ex ever. And not just because he came over here yesterday, to take care of the lad and I. But it was pretty awesome that he brought food and The Bourne Identity. And washed my dirty dishes. And took the kid down to the playground, gave him a bath, read him his bedtime story and put him to bed. All while I was flat on my back in my bed.
- Posted some more photos taken by the little man, including the unflattering shots of me.
- Being sick sucks. Being sick while your kid is also sick sucks even more.
- The little man’s childcare program is closed all this coming week. So far I don’t have a Plan B.
- We haven’t purchased Veggie Booty in a while, but we do eat a lot of Tings, made by the same company.
- Olive has some neurotic cat litter box issues. For some reason she shreds the plastic liner and pulls on it so that it covers the litter box completely. When this happened the other day she opted to use my favorite comfy chair as an alternate litter box. Grrrr.
- Another cat, Oliver (who originally came from my backyard but was adopted by friends) had to stay at the vet overnight, for a biopsy. The results won’t come back for another week or so. My fingers are crossed that he’ll be all right.
- The last week was chock full of miscommunications and frustrations.
- I’m way behind on laundry and too lethargic to do anything about it.
- We missed the birthday party of one of the little man’s classmates and my co-worker friend’s housewarming party. That equals total suck.
- We haven’t been to the gym in weeks.
Going to try to salvage this weekend, just a little bit, by taking the lad to see Ratatouille. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to handle sitting on my ass in an air-conditioned theater. But it’s been a while since I’ve been upright for that long.