I haven’t been sleeping well. Or maybe I should say I’ve been sleeping more poorly than usual. Stress has my head pounding and my stomach in knots. I look and feel like hell. But yesterday we did get out for some quality playtime in the record-breaking warmth. I’m going to try to focus on the good, so today it’s all bonus material:
- Mates of State make me happy. And not just because they’d rather go naked than wear fur.
- Totally didn’t see the Children’s Museum kicked off their 25 Days of Fun on March 1st, to celebrate their 25th Anniversary. Thankfully they’re spreading those 25 days over a two month span, in March and April. The little man will especially enjoy book character day.
- Yesterday flickr launched some new customizable layout features. Neat.
- BoingBoing gave me the nudge, reminding me that I need to check out Nextwave which “does a thoroughgoing job of subverting the underwear pervert genre” - plus lots of things asplode.
- Romcoms usually aren’t my thing, but hell yeah I’m going to see Waitress. Starring Captain Tightpants? Count me in!
- Speaking of movies, who knows what will happen with the upcoming M-SPIFF (or if it will even be called that). I knew the theater was in trouble, but this Nightmare on Oak Street article shows how dire the situation is. I don’t suppose the Hennepin County Library System could save them too?
- I love the idea of scavenger hunts/shows, but $20 is kind of steep for the Walker’s March of Madness: Bands on the Run!
- If I considered the Dresden Files books a guilty pleasure, then what is the show? I swore up and down I wouldn’t watch this dumbed down teevee adaptation, yet I have now seen every single corny second of it. I just hope This American Life is so easy to find online (really now, of the folks I know who have cable, none have Showtime).