Five good things:
- Further proof that the little man has me wrapped around his little finger…yesterday we went to Ragstock, where I bought a big fluffy pink prom dress and a glittery crown/tiara. Yes, I am dressing up as Princess Peach for Halloween after all. The photographs may be too frightening to post.
- Speaking of photos, I’ve come to a decision. After considering Canon’s 20D and 30D (too big/bulky) and toying with the idea of a Nikon D50, I’ve finally found the camera for me. It’s the Canon Digital Rebel XTi. Sadly acquisition won’t be immediate. But soon. Then there will be the matter of accompanying lenses (definitely getting a good macro lens).
- I’ve also found an aggregator that I like, NetNewsWire for Mac. Cory Doctorow’s blurb about it is amusing but I can relate: “This is the app that lets me drink straight from the Internet firehose, and I couldn’t live without it.”
- With all the buzz I’ve been hearing, I had to check out the about page for Heroes. Apparently it is “an epic drama that chronicles the lives of ordinary people who discover they possess extraordinary abilities” and there is some tie-in with a total eclipse. Damn them! This is exactly the sort of schlock I could get hooked on.
- Right now there’s something funny on the fridge at work. It’s a letter that was sent to the president of our company, suggesting that this holiday season she treat her employees to gift certificates for…Glamour Shots. While the entertainment value would be high I have to say oh, hell no!